Curriculum Vitae David James Helliwell
PERSONAL HOME ADDRESS - UK
Birthplace: Darwen UK
(0091) 9925188827 personal email@example.com (0044)
A HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND ADAPTABLE QA/QC MANAGER / INSPECTOR / AUDITOR
with more than 20 years’ extensive experience in all quality, compliance, commissioning,
inspection aspects on Construction & Maintenance Projects (UK & Overseas) – including
Power Generation; Pipe laying, Nuclear, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Oil and Gas, etc.
Looking for a position where my years of experience in most aspects of welding, pipework,
fabrication, quality, inspection, compliance, commissioning and Asian experience will be useful.
• Adept at implementing site quality procedures, plans and method statements for Client & Contractor.
• Accustomed to working on completions, commissioning, certification, compliance and co-ordination.
• Expertise in Quality Assurance / Quality Control.
• Outstanding inspection, testing and auditing skills.
• Organising and co-ordinating flair.
• Team leadership and supervisory capabilities.
• A competent knowledge of international standards including ISO, BS, ASME, ANSI, ASTM, AWS.
• QA / QC Manager – India 2007 - Date
• Technical Advisor – Malaysia 2005 - 2006
• Quality Control Lead Engineer – Europe & Malaysia 2000 - 2004
• Quality Control Engineer – UK 1995 - 1999
• Supervisor Various Contracts – Northern Pipe & Tank Ltd. Europe 1986 - 1995
• Apprentice → Welder / Fabricator – Cherry Tree Machine Company 1982 - 1986
• Technician Member of the Welding Institute
• Technician Member of the Welding Institute Malaysia.
• Professional Member of the Welding and Jointing Society
• ISO 9001 (2000) Lead Auditor – IRCA
• Managing Safety Certificate – IOSH
• Welding Inspector 3.1 – CSWIP – Cert Nr. 5372
• Level II NDT RT, UT, DP and MPT – ASNT
• General Engineering craft studies – EITB
• Welding Engineering craft studies – EITB
• Welding Diploma – European Welding Federation
• Certificate of pipe work confidence – NJIC
• Welding and Fabrication – City & Guilds of London
• Health & Safety – ROSPA
Career History on Page 2
Page 2 David James Helliwell
Jan 07 to date SIEMENS Power Generation Sugen 1130MW CCPP Surat India
QA/QC Manager: Duty to Support Site Management achieve:
• Immediate non bureaucratic clarification of on site Quality issues with the Client.
• Effective implementation of Quality Plans.
• Coordinate with all sub contractors regarding QA/QC and NDT activities.
• Effective monitoring of the performance of inspections and non destructive examinations.
• Compliance with Technical, Contractual and HSE Standards.
• Regular and productive Audits.
• Compilation of site technical documentation (Including Training and Mentoring Sub Contractors QA/QC Departments)
• The usual reporting and resource planning.
2004- 2006 Earth Support Company Malaysia
Technical Advisor: Originally engaged as a consultant to modernize the welding systems. I was then offered a full time job to modernize the whole factory during this time the production went from 400 MT to 1200 MT per month, the cost of production was also substantially reduced.
• Set up QA/QC department including a destructive Testing facility, Training the Manager and Inspectors.
• Recruiting staff including from Myanmar, Organising training including supplying course materials to a local private training centre so that our workers where trained while their Visa’s where processed.
• Writing welding procedure specifications and organizing Lloyd’s approval.
• Simplification of shop floor practices ensuring smooth workflow.
• Training the management team to calculate the cost of their production.
• Implementing a system of scheduled preventative maintenance.
• The usual reporting, auditing and resource planning.
2000- 2004 Kinetics Germany GMB Europe & Malaysia
QA/QC Site Coordinator
• Maintaining QA/QC records and ensuring that documentation was in place for the production of Test Packs for Mechanical completion and commissioning activities.
• Conducting pro active audits and review meetings.
• Pre-hydro test inspection and witnessing pressure testing of gas lines and other utility lines.
• Preparation and monitoring the performance of welding procedures and welder qualifications.
• Inspection of contractors works before handover.
• Responsible for reporting to the Client all progress.
Deputised for the Quality Control Manager during his absence from site.
1995 – 1999 Stainless Services UK
• Running various sites around the UK arranging manpower and logistics
• Ordering plant and materials
• Working from P&ID’S and plant layout drawings to work out pipe routes and making ISO’s to work from.
• Conduct relevant procedure and welder qualification tests.
• Responsible for the inspection of critical tie-in welds including specialised fittings.
• Pre-hydro test inspections and witnessing pressure testing
• Compilation of QA documentation for the inclusion into QA manuals.
1997 – 1999 Northern Pipe and Tank Installations LTD UK & Europe
Installation Engineer: Working installing process systems throughout the UK. Organizing deliveries of plant and materials necessary for the various projects. Liaising between the client and the project Engineers, whilst installing and welding the pipe work to the very highest standards. Projects:
• Kvaerner oil and gas Inveruri & Aberdeen
• Rotex oil and gas
• Peterhead PowerStation
• Wylfor Nuclear PowerStation
• ICI Hillhouse, Northwich & Darwen
Referees supplied upon request CV compiled October 2007